Well, not really secrets...more like trivia. I stole this idea from a blog that I clicked on after blog-hopping for quite some time. I started here
, then clicked on a link that took me God-knows- where, and then it all gets a little hazy.... So what I'm trying to say here is that if I stole this idea from you, don't get cranky just send me your url and I'll be happy to give you the credit you deserve.
Anyway, since I've turned into such a lazy little bitch of a blogger I thought I needed a little jumpstart. Here goes:Book Secrets/Trivia of Kimbabalu...
1. When I'm not reading something for school I read sci-fi and fantasy shit. Not total schlock, but stuff that doesn't require a lot of thought and in which the good guys always win. Hey, after reading nothing but Holocaust literature for months at a time I need something a little lighter.
2. The Man and I just had floor-to-ceiling bookshelves installed along one wall in our family room and they're already filled. We collect books like dust-bunnies; we just don't have enough wall space to erect a dust-bunny shelf.
3. I've been reading since I was 2 years old. I don't remember learning to read. My son is now starting to read and he's only 2. Must be genetic.
4. I've always loved to read but it took changing my major 3 times and dropping out of college once before I realized I could major in English.
5. I will read anything that's put in front of me. I'm the type of person who reads the nutritional information on cereal boxes, the warning labels on hair dryers, and the bumper stickers on the car in front of me. This habit has given me such crucial knowledge as Mini-Wheats are packaged by weight not volume, one should NEVER remove the safety warnings from electrical appliances, and the dumbass driving the shit-brown K-Car is the proud parent of an honor roll student.
6. I think Stephen King is horribly overrated. Filthy rich and incredibly successful, but horribly overrated. I also think the Harry Potter books are overrated. Frankly, I could give 2 shits about pre-teen magician angst. Although I'm glad the books are getting people to read more. Hell, anything that gets people to read more can't be all bad.
7. The scariest book I ever read is Phantoms
by Dean Koontz. I read it in one sitting when I was about 12 years old and visiting relatives Addy, Washington (population 212). Yeah, you read that right. Addy, fucking, Washington. 212 people. 2 bars, 1 post office, and a couple of toothless guys named Cooter and Bud who sat outside the post office all day on old lawn chairs. I don't know if it would have seemed as scary had I read it at home in my room -- safely outside the reach of Cooter and Bud.
8. I've read the Lord of the Rings
trilogy at least half-a-dozen times. After the first time, however, I learned to skip all of the songs / poetry. Tolkien was a genius and all, but geez... enough with the Tom Bombadil
9. While my favorite leisure-time reading genre is fantasy/sci-fi I also like to read mysteries, horror/thrillers, and an occasional romance novel.
10. What I am reading right now... I Am the Cheese
, Assassin's Apprentice
, and Great Sentences for Great Paragraphs
(gee, can you tell which one is work-related?).