Thursday, January 20, 2005

Things That Make You Go "Hmmm..."

For those of you old enough to remember The Arsenio Hall Show (or for those of you who watch enough VH-1 I Love the 70's/80's/90's/ etc.) today's title will be no mystery. That phrase popped into my head today as I was walking in to work. I saw something that made me go "hmmm...."
I thought to myself, "You know, 'hmmm' just isn't quite right for what I just saw."
So then I asked myself, "What would be better than 'hmmm'?"
And then I answered myself, being the polite inner monologuist that I am, "Well, 'Things That Make You Go What the Fuck Is Up with the World - I mean, c'mon people, have we all gone completely and totally INSANE?!?' might work."

Thus spake the inner monologue.

So getting back to my original point:
Things That Make You Go What the Fuck Is Up with the World - I mean, c'mon people, have we all gone completely and totally INSANE?!?

Strewn throughout the campus are newspapers and ads for a variety of things: Apartment locators, nightlife guides, employment bulletins, sperm / egg donation -- the usual crap you find on a college campus. However, today one of those crap-ass ads caught my eye. It was an ad for one of those private healthcare schools that promise you can become a Nurse's Aide in 2 weeks if you pay them the measly fee of $10,000. I got news for anyone who has entertained delusions of ponying up the $10,000. IT'S A SCAM! Why the fuck anyone would pay $10,000 to learn how to wipe another person's ass is beyond me. Anyway, here's the headline (I think it illustrates - quite beautifully- the serious nature of their curriculum):

"Medical Sitcoms: Don't Just Watch It! Live it!"

Now I ask you, dear Internet, doesn't that make you want to go there???? (And doesn't it make you want one of their graduates looking after your vital signs?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home