Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Toddlers - part deux

It still amazes me how my son can go from being extraordinarily, blissfully happy to insanely out-of-control meltdown in a matter of nano-seconds. It also amazes me how funny I find this transformation. Yeah, most of the time it gets on my nerves and I have to take a deep breath and think back to a moment in time (just seconds ago) when he was a happy kid -all smiles and giggles- to regain my equilibrium. Sometimes, though, I have to laugh because it's just so absurd. This kid can ACT. I don't know if he's channeling the spirit of Marlon Brando or what, but he can turn on the hysterics at will. From listening to other parents talk I know my child is not the only one with this seemingly-magical ability, but I'm still in awe. The really fun part is getting him to turn off the hysterics. Usually a teddy graham or two will do the trick. No, I am not averse to bribing my child with food. I have tried teddy grahams, pretzels, cheezits, cantaloupe, nilla wafers, fig newtons, and if none of those work I am not against giving my child scissors to play with! You know, the big ones with the pretty red handles to disguise the blood stains! muhahahaha!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cybrarian said...

Bwaha ha, you just wait until about 3 1/2 when the food doesn't work any more!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home