Thursday, February 17, 2005

You canna' change the laws of physics, cap'n!

Oh, but you CAN Scotty! Well, YOU can't, but a toddler with a shitty diaper surely can. I know this for a fact because of what happened yesterday:

Yesterday afternoon I picked The Boy up from his sitter's house and buckled him into his carseat in preparation for the 30 minute drive home. At about Minute 10 The Boy unloads what can only be described as a 'dirty bomb' (bin Laden's got nothin' on him!) in his diaper; the smell of said diaper began to permeate the car and threatened us with sure death if I ddn't get the windows rolled down in time. So a commute that normally takes about 30-35 minutes ended up taking at least an hour -- surely proof that the space-time continuum was ruptured by one toddler's colonic blast.

Take that Stephen Hawking!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cybrarian said...

I was just contemplating something similar, the laws of osmosis. My daughter is 3 1/2, totally toilet trained, but whenever we go swwimming she always poops in her swim diaper. (She might hold it if she wasn't wearing one, but I can't risk it, so catch-22) Somehow the offensive material managed to be completely evenly everywhere that the diaper was. And then I had to stand in the stinky toilet of the stinky locker room wiping her down since I didn't want to parade a poopy-smeared child to the showers in front of all the swimmers... "just going to get some e.coli on the floor of your showers, don't mind us..." ugh. gag.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home