Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Duh! Most American Adults Sleep Poorly...

So now on top of everything else I have to worry about, I have to worry that I'm not getting enough sleep! I didn't need a multi-million dollar study to tell me this. The hefty bags under my eyes tell me this every time I look in the mirror.

What I want to know is why I practically fall into a coma every time I go to sleep? When I lay down, I can feel myself sinking into the bed and becoming heavier as I drift off to sleep. Once I'm asleep I am dead to the world -- except to the cries of my son. There could be a massive thunderstorm shaking my house into tiny splinters and I wouldn't wake up, but if my son starts to cry in the night I leap out of bed like I was fired out of a cannon. Well just to clarify, it used to be that I'd leap out of bed at the slightest peep from The Boy. Now that he's a bit older, however, I've learned to differentiate the "I'm just rolling over" cry, from the "AAAHH! Cobras are trying to eat me!" cry. Needless to say, the first cry doesn't disturb my slumber anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home