Monday, April 11, 2005

Euphemisms, anyone?

There are always little ideas and questions roaming around in my head. They occasionally surface and end up here in this blog. Usually though, they pop up when I'm in the middle of a thought and fuck around with my mind until I lose track of whatever it was that I was originally thinking. Like today, for example, when I was walking to lunch. I was thinking about something - God knows what now - and all of a sudden I started wondering: Why is it ok to excuse yourself from a conversation by saying 'Excuse me, I have to go,' but it's not ok to say, 'I really gotta pee. Can you excuse me?' And it's definitely NOT ok to say, 'God, I gotta take a shit. Can we continue this conversation later?'

These are the things that are occupying my little gray cells.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Gerber said...

It's NOT ok to say, 'I gotta pee, I'll be right back'???

Uh-oh.
I've also been known, as you well know to declare that I am about to shit my pants and must pause our scintillating coffee talk or even that I am about to, or have just farted.
This ISN'T good manners? I shouldnt warn those I love of the aromatic wackiness about to descend upon them?
Yikes.

12:15 PM  
Blogger kimbabalu said...

"aromatic wackiness!?!?!?"
I love you! It makes it sound as if you were about to set a million scented candles alight with your farts.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home