Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I'm Illin'

This article certainly made me think. Do we live in a society that is "health-obsessed?" It certainly seems so judging by the growth of "organic" and "low-carb" items in my local grocery store. A few years ago you'd have to travel to a hippie commune to buy soy milk. Now my local Albertson's has a whole isle devoted to the stuff.

Diet has become a bad word. Now people have "programs" they follow to "promote a healthy lifestyle." The other day I had a conversation with my friend in which she uttered the phrase,
"I'm really trying to stick to my program and I think it's working."
Huh? I thought she was talking about a state of "extra-terrestrial" meditation or something suitably new age. I got worried for a minute and asked if she had been offered any Kool-Aid from a nice man named Mr. Jones. DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID! DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home