Monday, May 02, 2005

Cult Films I Never Thought Would Achieve Cult Status

The Goonies

If you don't believe that this has achieved cult status then visit this site. Even I'm not this geeky. Although I have to admit that I do own this movie.

The Shining

Having never liked Stephen King, I guess I'm not an impartial judge when it comes to his movies. This one had all the subtlety of flinging a flaming bag of dogshit at unsuspecting pedestrians. Only the pedestrians were those of us who were unlucky enough to sit through this entire movie without the benefit of alcohol.

I know a lot of people liked this movie. I'm not one of them. This was grossly apparent when it came on tv the other day and I ended up shouting, "Oh for fuck's sake, just go crazy already!!! You're married to Olive Oil, your kid's a whiny little freak, and you're a total fuck-up who's stuck in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere! Now start the killing spree you big pussy!"

3 Comments:

Blogger CCF said...

You own the Goonies but you've never opened it so you can be that big a fan? :)

Still how can you pass up an opportunity to hear Chunk talk about growing up as a child star after all the other movies he did, oh wait, he never did another movie: http://imdb.com/name/nm0169480/

The Shining is really scary. Any film with a creepy talking 8 year old girl is creepy and since the shining kicks it up a notch by having TWO of them it is mega-ultra-creepy...and they're twins -insert scream here- but since the only guy I like (go Scatman Carruthers!) gets axe-whacked in the noodle it is depressing.

8:25 AM  
Blogger kimbabalu said...

wait, there's a scary little girl in The Shining? I don't remember her. You're putting me on. Or wait, maybe I was just asleep during that part.

Now the little girl from The Ring was scary. You can embroider "Bad Mother Fucker" on her wallet cuz she scared the shit out of me!

9:54 AM  
Blogger HappyFunBall said...

Because I'm a huge geek, too, I Googled it, and here's an picture of the twins.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home