Tuesday, May 31, 2005

HVAC this!

They've been working on the HVAC system in my office for about 2 weeks now. This means that there have been a lot of mulleted men in hard hats with OSU tattoos working in the building - EVERY. FUCKING. DAY.

This shouldn't be a big problem as it's in between semesters so there are no students. The problem (well, ok, ONE of the many problems) is that our esteemed leaders -probably figuring that everyone important is on vacation- have seen fit to schedule every major repair job at the same time. This means that not only the HVAC technicians, but the electricians, the plumbers, the painters, the carpet installers, and the landscapers have descended on our campus like a swarm of hungry locusts so that there is no place I can go to get away from the cacophony of medieval torture devices otherwise known as "facilities improvement."

The mullet parade notwithstanding, the repairs were going along just fine until Friday. That's the day I learned that not only were they going to rip the ceiling out of my lab - and my office - but that they were going to do it slowly and torturously over the course of a week.

Today when I opened the door to the lab there was a fine layer of grit covering the floor, electrical wires hanging down from the ceiling, and plastic wrap covering most -but not all- of the computers. I felt like I had walked onto the set of CSI and at any moment I would step on the dead body that had been dismembered and left in the lab to serve as a warning to all who might dare enter. Yeah, if only.

Instead, I was greeted by the maintenance head honcho who seemed way too excited about the installation of new HVAC units. I didn't look down just in case he was that excited - I've always abided by the rule that anything turgid, swollen, or engorged should be avoided while at work. It's just too awkward and icky.

So now I am reduced to roaming the halls in search of an empty office while trying to steer clear of the over-stimulated, HVAC-aroused, ass-hat in charge.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

lol, your advice about what to avoid (turgid, swollen or engorged) is very wise.

8:05 AM  
Blogger costa rica said...

This blog is fantastic, is very interesting, I like the colors, are awesome. Keep it and show us more!!!! Do you wanto to see something more? Look... Glass Bongs and Bong featuring Herbal Smoke, water bongs, bongs online head shop, Marijuana Alternative,glass water bongs, Hashish, Ganja, homemade bongs, Smokeshop, cannibis, legal smoking alternatives for herbal highs and aphrodisia. http://www.headshopinternational.com

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home