Thursday, May 05, 2005

Not the Mental Image I Needed

That's me you hear screaming, "EEEEWWWWW!" at the top of my lungs.

Thanks to this site I found the link to this story about Bruce Springsteen's new album. Nothing too bad so far, right? I mean, I'm not a big Springsteen fan or anything, but in general there's nothing about him that makes me lose my lunch. Until now.
The song, “Reno,” is in part about an encounter with a prostitute. Springsteen includes a description of anal sex, including the price she charges for the act.

OK, the last thing I needed today was a mental image of The Boss banging a hooker in the ass while belting out his lastest attempt at a Top 40 single. Not pretty.

This now replaces the other unwanted anally-themed image floating around my brain- that of Billy Bob Thornton doing the brown-nasty to a hooker in Monster's Ball.

I'm not sure, but I think I speak for most women (at least over the age of 30, reasonably sane, and those not under the influence of mind-altering drugs) when I say that singing/writing/ yodeling / etc. about anal sex with a prostitute is a definite turn-off.

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

The turn off is actually Billy Bob Thornton, now isn't it?

7:59 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

the thought of bruce doing anything to anyone makes me scream....

12:20 PM  
Blogger The Cybrarian said...

You just *forced* me to download that song. I never suspected Bruce was a backdoor man! Yeah, no thanks.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home