Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Oh Heavenly Potato Chip!

Ok, so I'm still baffled by all of the divine food products that have suddenly started showing up. The latest apparently is the visage of Jesus Christ gracing a potato chip:
One Valentine's Day, her brother found a heart-shaped potato chip, but no one in the family had ever seen what emerged from a bag of Lay's sour cream and onion potato chips a couple of weeks ago: an oval measuring roughly 1 1/2 inches in diameter, in which Rosalie Lawson saw the image of Jesus Christ.
First, there was a grilled cheese sandwich with the likeness of the Virgin Mary, then there was a pretzel in the shape of the Virgin Mary cradling baby Jesus, and now this. Do I really want my divine savior showing up on snack food? What's next? I wake up one morning to Lord Ganesha staring at me from my pop-tart? Oh wait, is that Poseidon I see peering at me from the putrid curds of month-old milk turning into yogurt at the back of my fridge?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I expect more out of a deity than random sightings in snack food. For crap's sake, Elvis has been sighted more often and in more dignified surroundings than Jesus! Maybe I should take Elvis as my personal savior.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

makes you think Jesus is trailer trash sometimes, doesn't it?

8:05 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

Haha! I found my way here after searching Technorati to see if anyone else blogged about the Jesus chip (mine is at http://www.thebadinage.com/?p=9).

I didn't even think of the Elvis thing, but you're sooo right!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home