Tuesday, June 07, 2005

OK, y'all get out of the gene pool!

Some people should just voluntarily take themselves out of the gene pool...

1. This story makes me want to scrub myself with Lava soap, fumigate my office, and light my computer on fire just to make sure none of the "white, wet substance" gets through.

2. I just don't even know what to say about these idiots. Hmm..."dude, you're soooo toasted!" might come close to what I want to say, but nothing really seems adequate.

3. And finally, all this stink about Oprah selecting a trio of Faulkner's books for her summer book club not only made my English-major, snotty-ass self want to vomit, it also made me laugh when I read the last paragraph (which I will quote in full because...well, because I can!):
Mr. Howarth [the mayor of Oxford, MS] said he imagined a repeat of a recent incident in which Oxford tried to lure gamblers from Tunica, the Mississippi gambling haven, to tour the town. When one tourist bounded off a bus, Mr. Howarth said, she said she could not believe she was finally going to see the home of William Shatner.

2 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Faulkner...I mean, come on, he totally BLEW in college, when you were FORCED to read his depressing shit in short story form. I can't imagine going out and spending money to buy more Eeyore stories by Faulkner. Just can'.t

6:49 PM  
Blogger Pops said...

William Shatner... that's funny. Everyone knows there are no Jews allowed in Mississippi.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home