Thursday, August 04, 2005

Hooray for Boobies!

Usually when we take The Boy over to The House of GrandparentsTM he leaps out of my arms, flings a casual wave back in our general direction and runs with utter abandon into the waiting arms of my doting in-laws. The moment he enters their home he knows that he is about to embark on a night-long pudding and Baby Einstein orgy. We, his parents, the people who gave him life (!), are left unwanted and forgotten by the door - like cigarette butts tossed from a moving car. Yes, usually this is the way it goes down.

Yesterday, however, The Boy was feeling a bit clingy. So clingy in fact that he refused to be put down and I had to carry him balanced on one hip into the house. He refused to let go of me -- even when his granddad tried to lure him into the kitchen with the promise of juice and pudding. In fact, this seemed to aggravate The Boy to the point where he grabbed the neck of my shirt and pulled it down over my boob in his scramble to curl into a fetal position while remaining firmly glued to my hip.

Yeah, you read that right. I flashed my father-in-law.

Well, technically my son made me flash him, but it was my boob - not his - so I guess you could say I did the flashing. This is a new low in my tenure as a mother. I just thought the internet should know.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Gerber said...

And me without my camera....

7:44 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

not to dismiss the boob flash, but I can't get the image of a pudding and Baby Einstein orgy out of my head.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Pops said...

I know I'm a few days late, but I'd like to second the sentiment: hooray for boobies!

11:57 PM  
Blogger My Zingy Thingy said...

Very funny story! Feel free to Zing me a picture of that one! ;-)

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home